Marathon seat belts

D

DaveCS

In a reply to another post Ulrike mentioned that the new Marathons have a seat belt system that isn't such a PITB to adjust. Does anyone know what changed? Can this change be put to use on the original Marathons? Obviously if they have changed the shell, that 's not going to happen.

I have two of these and they are both a pain. The thought that they might get better with time is logical, but doesn't seem to be happening. I would think that five months of use would do the trick. I don't think they are better at all.

Any ideas? Looking at the operation from different angles, it appears that they will work better when they are turned front facing, but that's going to be a while.

Dave

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
No information here, sorry-

I suspect Ulrike has kept a little more current on this than I have. Perhaps she can comment in the morning:)

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Honestly, no one knows. There was not a visible change in the mechanism, and I have not heard anything official from Britax. If you are having a problem, I suggest you write Britax Customer Service a snail mail letter expressing your displeasure. Britax has responded well to written complaints in the past. Phone calls tend to get blown off, it seems.

Britax Child Safety
Attn: Consumer Quality Services
13501 South Ridge Drive
Charlotte, North Carolina 28273
USA
1-888-4-BRITAX ext. 2

In my experience, the seat does *not* get easier to adjust when turned front facing. In fact, because I can't reach behind the seat to pull all the slack out there before pulling the adjuster tight, it's even harder to adjust now that it's front facing. One of the people who assured me that it gets easier with time has been using hers several times a day for 5 months.

D

DaveCS

Thanks

I'll try a snail mail and see what they have to say. I've been looking at these belts since we bought the seats. I've pulled on them all different directions with and without my son in the seat. The results make no sense at all. The kid doesn't weigh enough to have the kind of effect I am seeing. Otherwise it's a great seat!

Dave

U

Unregistered

I have your answer

Take a look at the following URL. I suspect your harness adjuster is threaded OVER the plastic rather than UNDER it. You cannot rethread it yourself, and as of now Britax is not considering it a warrantied defect (though I suspect with enough complaints and if the incorrectly threaded straps fray over time they will). I just exchanged my seat at the retailer I purchased it from (BRU) because I was concerned about this eventually causing the strap to fray (as had happened on my Cosco Alpha Omega for other reasons). The new one is a breeze, I'm so angry they aren't doing something about this, but hey, no one else is producing as good of seats in general so I can't get too mad.

D

DaveCS

Thanks

Thanks a lot! I'll take a look. I'm sure I have the earlier style as we just had to have these seats as soon as they were available (and the ds was getting too big for the other seat).

I will need to remove one of the covers anyway to clean up a diaper overflow (yuck). I'll check out the constuction. I doubt I can exchange it after almost 6 months, but I can ask BRU.

Dave

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC