Yay!!! I Did It!! I Am So Happy!!

Misty-Bug

I went to install my neighbours car seat for them. They were using it FFing WITHOUT the tether for a couple days :mad: and I kept telling them I would reinstall it for them. They had a rental car and then they reinstalled the seat themselves. I have always been the one to install their seats. Well they wanted to keep him FFing. He is 15 months and 19.6 pounds. Tells you how tiny he is!

I told them that although I encourage them to keep him RFing I will install it either way so that we all know it is installed right. They were humming and hawing. I said, remember what happens in an accident. He can have his limbs and his neck fly forward and cause he is such a frail skinny little guy it would put a lot of strain on his neck and there is always the possibility of internal decapitation. (that is what I was told) I said I do not agree with him FFing at all yet.

So they stood there thinking about it a bit more then the mom told the dad it was up to him and he said, well I would really prefer him RFing. So she agreed!! YAY!! He is installed RFing! With my spare seat but that is another story! I hope it is at at least a 30* angle but I couldn't get a picture last night. But it is rock solid. I told them to go get it checked. Which they probably won't but at least I can take a picture sometime soon and show you guys. She came down while I was installing it and said to me, you really should get trained in this. I see it really is a passion for you.

YAY!!
I did the happy dance all night!!:thumbsup:

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Great job! Glad to hear his seat is in safely and that he's back rf'ing. :thumbsup:

For future reference, the minimum weight on the 3-in-1 AO seats in order to be ff'ing is 22lbs. At her kiddo's weight, it was illegal for him to be ff'ing - whether the parents wanted him that way or not.

The law is 20lbs in Canada... and stick a kid in a seat that says 22lbs min to ff and get in an accident and dorel has absolute grounds to say the seat was being misused and not be responsible for any death or injury resulting.

Misty-Bug

Great job! Glad to hear his seat is in safely and that he's back rf'ing. :thumbsup:

For future reference, the minimum weight on the 3-in-1 AO seats in order to be ff'ing is 22lbs. At her kiddo's weight, it was illegal for him to be ff'ing - whether the parents wanted him that way or not.

The law is 20lbs in Canada... and stick a kid in a seat that says 22lbs min to ff and get in an accident and dorel has absolute grounds to say the seat was being misused and not be responsible for any death or injury resulting.

yeah I knew that. Thanks. But trying to convince them was hard. Cause they liked to see him etc etc etc.....all the reasons why parents rush them FFing

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
yeah I knew that. Thanks. But trying to convince them was hard. Cause they liked to see him etc etc etc.....all the reasons why parents rush them FFing

Yeah, some parents just don't get it... at least they agreed to turn him back around rf'ing. Hopefully at the very least they'll keep him rf'ing until he hits 22lbs. Some people respond better to knowing that the manufacturer has no responsibility if a child dies in the car seat because it's been severely misused, so that's why I pointed that out. ;)

Misty-Bug

Yeah, some parents just don't get it... at least they agreed to turn him back around rf'ing. Hopefully at the very least they'll keep him rf'ing until he hits 22lbs. Some people respond better to knowing that the manufacturer has no responsibility if a child dies in the car seat because it's been severely misused, so that's why I pointed that out. ;)

that's totally fine thanks. The thing is that they would have to get me to turn him FFing and they know I refuse to do it. LOL. They know where I stand so that is how it is sitting now

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC