RECARO child seats

U

Unregistered

Hey y'all!

Some of you expressed interested in the new RECARO child seats, so I thought I'd post some VERY useful info

I came upon the DEALER CODE for www.recarodealer.com
I'm not sure if I should post it, but if I get any requests.....I will.

I ordered a Start booster seat last week for my 4 yo old daughter. I just got it yesterday, no questions asked. Sshhhh

VERY high quality seat by the way. Love it!

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
It would be fine for you to post the code on the Coffee Break forum. :) We all love a good deal on a good car seat.

M

MyAngelsAliandPeanut

Is the Recaro Young Sport actually a forward facing only seat for kids 18-40lbs and then converts to a booster?

I didn't see anything about RF in anything I read but the weight guidelines are 18-40lbs with the harness. That is nuts....I was actually looking at them, but not if they can't RF or harness longer!

M

momomali

Yes...does anyone know if these can be rf or not? I would be interested in buying if they can be rf. I'd think they'd haveto be rf at least till 20lb. But then again, you never know...

U

Unregistered

Recaro seats

I don't think RECARO makes RF seats. Maybe the infant seat will be.

U

Unregistered

Recaro seats

The three model are only forward facing. I'm not sure about the infant seat due out next year, but I imagine it has to be RF also.

U

Unregistered

Recaro

I think the new RECARO YOUNG STYLE has started shipping already...woohoo!

J

Julie1973

Recaro Young Sport

Finally got my RECARO Young Sport yesterday from www.recarodealer.com
It took a while.....but I think they just started shipping them after a huge production delay. My son loves the seat so far. I saved like $30 bucks....COOL.

U

Unregistered

Tell us more

Are you happy with the product did it install easy... How old is your Son..?

Does he find it comfortable where the straps easy to adjust :)

Was thinking of buying the Recaro looks like the best seat..

Can you post some pictures of possible there doesnt seem to be any pictures of a child actually sitting in one..

Thanks
Paul

J

Julie1973

Recaro Young Sport

I'm VERY happy with it. Definately the best looking seat out there, in my opinion.
My son is 3 1/2, and he likes it so far. The straps are a little weird at first, but then you figure it out. The instructions explain everything. Very nice seat.
I'll try to get my husband to take some pics. No promises though.

U

Unregistered

Recaro pictures

You can actually search for RECARO on this forum and you'll find some people posting their pictures.

U

Unregistered

Is everyone here still happy with their Recaro Young Sport? Just wondering as I'm looking to get one.

uccomama

Senior Community Member
Unregistered said:
Is everyone here still happy with their Recaro Young Sport? Just wondering as I'm looking to get one.

Yes! My DS has had a growth spurt and put on a couple of pounds recently so he is now using the seat as a booster. It's a little difficult for him to buckle it himself, but he is getting better at it with practice.

threerugratz

We're still happy with our Young Sport. We like ours enough that we sold our Husky and the Young Sport is my 6 yr old son's main seat. (He didn't need the higher weight of the Husky as he isn't 40lbs yet.)
I find the Sport very easy and quick to install in my Ford Windstar. We have it installed using latch (nice and solid) but I did try it with the seatbelt just out of curiosity. I find the harness easy to adjust. My son buckles himself sometimes although I think the buckle is a bit harder for him than the Husky.
I don't have many pics with my son in the seat but I did take a picture of him Saturday after getting his halloween costume. He's in a black spiderman costume so you can't see the straps clearly but I'll post anyway in case it might help some.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/threerugratz4me/detail?.dir=e6ea&.dnm=d1c3.jpg&.src=ph
We definitely like our Sport and have no regrets.

U

Unregistered

I was wondering if you can still wear headphones (for rear entertainment systems) while in the young start/sport.

Thanks in advance

partridge

Didn't buy mine from them (I did the recarodealer.net thing) but I found a young sport on ebay yesterday for $200 + 29 shipping.

Seems like a good deal to me considering I paid more than that and was happy.

U

Unregistered

Look at the picture from uccomama, it doesn't seem that there would be too much room for headphones. Ofcourse it depends on how big the headphones are. My son uses regular ear buds and they work just fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC