Question about Britax cover durability

Tara

Hi all...I'm new here. *waves*

We're expecting #5 in Jan and will soon after that be getting a new car seat. We have a Graco Snugride for the baby, bought it new for the last baby (born Dec 2003) She has since gone into our RA, which needs a new cover.
When the baby comes, or rather, when s/he is ready to move beyond the infant seat, s/he will go to the RA and we'll get a new Marathon for the next child up the ranks ;)

So, of course I've been browsing the Britax site, checking out their latest fabrics. What are your picks for most durable??

I have the tan plush fabric on the RA and the blue w/puppy paw prints on the Marathon. The RA's is showing MUCH wear (but then again, it IS older and has been through the paces, for a while it was next to our fold up seat which was often used as such...folding up and down all the time) The Marathon's seems to be holding up well. I just don't want that pattern again ;)

I'm curious about the Ashley Floral (is that right? yellow background with flowers) The denim sounds somewhat appealing too (not the funky denim, just denim) and I just LOVE the cowmooflage hehe Always been my fave.

So, what are your thoughts on the above mentioned? Other opinions on Marathon cover choices?

Oh and might as well throw in thoughts on RA covers, since I plan to purchase a new one for the baby.

TIA, sorry I rambled, I tend to do that often :eek:

~Tara~

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I personally think the Cowmooflage will hold up better then the Ashley Print & the Denim. The denim print will show fading faster of the 3. But, If you need a cover that is cooler due to the hot weather then the Ashley or Denim cover is the way to go.

I agree the Cowmooflage has been one of my all time favorites. I have been thinking about replacing one of Window Pane RA covers with a Cowmooflage cover this coming fall. It's hot here in Texas so the Window Pane is a cotton cover where as the Cowmooflage is that saude feeling material.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I have 2 Denim covers that are 5 years old. They both have held up great. Yes, the denim DOES fade, but IMO, faded denim still looks fine.

Tara

The cow print wouldn't be any hotter than either of the 2 covers I'm currently using, I don't think. I'm in northern KY, we're not known for exceptionally high temps. Though, it DOES get warm, it's just obviously not like being in Texas or the like.

You can get cow on RA or MA, right?

I'm really not extremely fond of the denim, just thought it was alright and would probably hold up well. And if we got that we could at least have color coordinating seats. (not that it matters hehe) I have 2 blue cover seats in the truck already.

I'm rambling again, aren't I?

Ok so, denim holds up well, just fades..who cares ;) Cow holds up well (always been my fave cover) Ashley Floral holds up well too...ok, good to hear. I don't care about showing spots, my kids don't often eat in the truck and only drink water, so that helps.

I'll probably get a cow cover for the RA then the new MA will be in the AF print for my girly ;)

*Hey, after 3 boys, when you get a girl, you tend to want those girly looking things whenever possible LOL*

Thanks for the input everyone. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The cow *used* to be on the RA, now it' goes for as high as $132 for used ones on Ebay <gasp>. It's a really low-pile, and being a lighter color doesn't absorb so much heat, so I think it's actually one of the cooler choices. So far, our Ashley Floral hasn't been too hot, either :D (had a few 95 degree days this year!)

Tara

Oh wow....over a hundred bucks?? Ok, so, THAT's out, gee whiz!! I'll have to come up with something else for the RA then.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
joolsplus2 said:
The cow *used* to be on the RA, now it' goes for as high as $132 for used ones on Ebay <gasp>. It's a really low-pile, and being a lighter color doesn't absorb so much heat, so I think it's actually one of the cooler choices. So far, our Ashley Floral hasn't been too hot, either :D (had a few 95 degree days this year!)

You have got to be kidding over a $100 for the cow RA cover? Okay yep I don't think dh will be going for that either. Well maybe I will get the cow cover for our MA then.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I was so bummed when my cowmoo only went for $53... (ok, no i wasn't, i was thrilled! lol) I traded a Bodyguard to a friend of mine and he gave me four RA covers, and I sold them all for a total of $146 :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Gosh, I sure haven't...what I usually do when I'm searching is to go to ebay, do a search for "Britax cover" and save it in my favorites. If you check it every week or so, one is bound to show up.

One thing about the old windowpane that I've seen though, is that it gets really worn out where the head goes and pilly...so it could be in yucky shape...(which is why they now have "small windowpane" that's more durable, I think)...But fingers crossed for ya!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
joolsplus2 said:
Gosh, I sure haven't...what I usually do when I'm searching is to go to ebay, do a search for "Britax cover" and save it in my favorites. If you check it every week or so, one is bound to show up.

One thing about the old windowpane that I've seen though, is that it gets really worn out where the head goes and pilly...so it could be in yucky shape...(which is why they now have "small windowpane" that's more durable, I think)...But fingers crossed for ya!

I have 2 of them that are in great shape and thinking about selling them. Just don't want to give them away either.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, ok...well, nope, still haven't seen them...(glad yours held up well!)

I got $15 for the old burgundy check, $37 for the Safari (which was LIKE NEW! I think I was robbed! Man, that cover is nice!), and maybe 41 for a cool blues... I'm sure you could get like $25....?

mamamia

Will it match my windowpane Wizards? I can't believe I am typing this, but the Denim RA just doesn't really "go" with the two windowpane wizards :D

bazanna

Senior Community Member
I really am leaning towards the Husky for Noah, he's just gonna get so tall so fast! I wish they had the cowmoo for the Husky, I would pay for that, LOL. That one has always been my fave and I've never had a kid in need of the appropriate seat at the right time :( Wrenna's Wicket Husky is ugly, it's faded badly in 2 years and bleah! But that was the one on sale at the time. Noah will likely get the Marina.

Tara

Another Husky model? Gee whiz! I'm planning to sell my Super Elite/Husky. It's just too big with all the seats we have in our vehicle. Anyone know what one might go for on Ebay? Used, never crashed anything like that, very good condition...man. date of 2003 I believe. I've only noticed new ones over there.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
UlrikeDG said:
Any preliminary info about how they're improving the Husky?
The buyer at the store where I worked said she couldn't tell a difference at all, actually (when she went to JPMA)...So I guess we'll just have to wait and see (waaah, I hate waiting!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC