What seat works with a 2002 Saturn SC2 series?

U

Unregistered

My son is 21 lbs. 27 in. long, 4 months old. We have been using the seat that comes with the Babytrend Expediton LE jogger system(but only in my Volvo). Is there a safe way to install this carrier in the Saturn? If not can anyone tell what seat we could purchase? I feel like my son may not fit in this seat much longer anyway!

thanks so much!!

ADS

Ali

We had a 1994 Saturn Coupe. We could fit either an Evenflo Titan RF (with 2 pool noodles under it) or a RF Britax Marathon. It was a tight fit and the passenger seat had to be all the way forward, but it did fit.

Here is a picture:

View attachment 1982

Last edited:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I had a 2000 Saturn SC1 when my older DD was an infant, and successfully installed a Cosco Touriva convertible rear facing in it. :thumbsup: The similar and more widely available 5-point harness Cosco Scenera convertible model would probably work as well (not the overhead shield version of the Scenera, which isn't considered as safe, and also tends to be priced higher than the 5-point model).

KristiD761

Senior Community Member
You could possibly fit the carrier in; but that is hard to do without truly pushing up your passenger close; I agree that a convertible seat may be easier to use for your baby; sounds like is a healthy one to carry.:)

U

Unregistered

This thread is exactly what I'm looking for - but a slight twist on the question. I got an Evenflo convertible (rear facing), but it doesn't work for my 2002 Saturn SC2 unless it is on the passenger side, and it has to be on the driver side (my forward-facing son's carseat has to be on the passenger side) - can anyone suggest a carseat for me?

Megan

Jen5253

I'm going to bump this up, as I have the same question! (I actually just started a new thread for it, but then found this one. :eek: )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC