"Easy Car Seats", have you seen this product?

ADS

ctbcleveland

Someone should alert clek that they are using their photos in the marketing. If I were Clek, I'd be pissed because people might assume the companies are related.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It says right on the page that it's designed to work with 3 point belts and approved for use in a vehicle. So, I hope people realize it can't be used on an airplane.

That being said, the web site *implies* airplane use by stating how great it is for travel and even showing an airplane in their video. They mean to take with you to destinations, but to consumers, it appears it can be used on an airplane. Also, they don't appear to explicitly state that it is not approved for airplane use. In their FAQ they have a page that shows each countries rules for whether or not car seats can be used on the plane. Why bother with that if this isn't approved for airplane use? Just tell people that. Making them read the rules is just going to confuse them.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
For me - it appears right on the home page. It is a stick figure sitting on a CLEK booster (Paul Frank pattern) and another booster next to it.

Yes, yes, now I see it! I was looking at what the children were sitting in in the photos and didn't see any Clek's there.

It says right on the page that it's designed to work with 3 point belts, so anyone who thinks they can use it on the plane, has not read the web site.

I think there are many people who have no clue that you can't use a booster on a plane, or why.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I think there are many people who have no clue that you can't use a booster on a plane, or why.
I was editing while you replied. :)

Hopefully the airlines know that rule at least so could stop anyone from using it that brings it along. I know when I flew a year and half ago, the airline staff told a couple folks that their boosters couldn't be used; that they needed a harness. They offered to gate check the seat for them (since we were already at boarding point) since they couldn't use it on the flight.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yes yes! I take all my safety advice from TV & radio presenters! :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Qarin

Have to say, the very last thing I'm concerned about, safety-wise, with this booster seat is someone using it with the lap-belt on an airplane.

msg221

I saw a Safe Kids tech posted on the CPSPList asking if anyone else knows anything. She posted this link:

http://easycarseat.com/ready-in-1-minute-3/

Holy crap I about died when I saw that first kid get into that convertible seat that he looks like he outgrew about five years ago!!! They are trying to market this inflatable booster seat as being safe and having passed all of the testing while demonstrating about the worst car seat misuse ever between an outgrown seat and the big puffy jacket (not that he would have been able to fit in that harness anyway)? Oh, and check the totally unbuckled kid toward the end of the video!

I can't imagine anyone wanting to put their kid in this!

mommy-medic

Maybe it's cause I'm on my phone, but at the bottom of their website it says you can click the icon to see their fmvss 213 certificate but all it does is open the graphic/icon.

All I could think of watching the video was "in case of a water landing your seat becomes a floatation device". My dh is a commercial airline pilot so we travel a lot :p I can't imagine ever using that thing...I will take a lite rider for travel with my almost 7 year old any day.

Evolily

if that video is passing we don't need to be talking about this car seat, but rather WTH the NTHSA is measuring when it tests boosters.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC