Marathon Crotch Strap

J

Jessie Blake

Just got my 12 month-old son's new Marathon last week. I love it except that it has the shortest crotch strap I have ever seen on a car seat (infant seats included). With the belly pad on I can't even get it to flop to the front so I can get my son in the seat without fishing under his butt for the strap. This also makes the straps lie really snug along the tops of his legs--a good thing now but what happens when he is bigger? Right now he is only 19 lbs and 28 inches tall--this seat is supposed to last him for years and I can't see how it will do that without cutting off his circulation in his legs. Any input? I wouldn't be so annoyed if the seat weren't so darned expensive.
Jessie

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hi-

I think there are some mechanical reasons for the Marathon crotch strap placement, including possible interaction with the LATCH bar. Though this can be a comfort issue, be assured it is not a crash safety issue. I evaluated a Marathon a few weeks back and included this comment as part of some feedback to Britax.

B

berkley

I also have this issue with the Marathon. Although I love the seat in every other way.

bazanna

Senior Community Member
my non-LATCH advantage is like that too....i thought it was to keep the side parts of the harness low...on the tops of the thighs instead of on the abdomen.....? :confused:

having looked at the airway and lots of other seats with longer straps that put the harness across the soft mid-abdomen, i like the harness placement over the thighs so the crotch strap length doesn't bother me.......

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC