Wrecked my Xterra this morning (pics)

ccjones

Some a**hole ran a red light doing about 35-40 MPH, and T-boned my Xterra. We rolled three times before hitting a curb and lamp post and coming to a stop. Fortunately, DH and I were able to walk away with only cuts from the glass on our arms and hands.

THANK GOD my son wasn't with us! I reached in the broken back window once the Xterra was uprighted and shook the side of the MA which was installed with LATCH and RF tether and the seat didn't budge!

I'm thinking about replacing the Xterra with a Honda Pilot. Ugh, not really what I wanted to have to deal with before the Holidays, but at least I'm alive!

Colleen

truck6.jpg

truck5.jpg

truck1.jpg

ADS

CandCfam

Oh my word!
I'm glad you and your husband are okay Colleen.
Those are some scary pics.:eek:

ETA: I hope you have a good chiropractor!

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
OH MY!!!

I am SO glad that you and your DH are okay!! WOW!!!

I am so sorry for you, though. While the most important thing is that you and your DH are not hurt, I can't imagine a worse time for such a bad accident.

Take care!!

P.S. Eveyone I know who has a Pilot LOVES it!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you are able to post (probably not fully 'ok' yet, of course!).
I hope the insurance companies are easy to deal with.

(((HUGS))))

Lys

Senior Community Member
OMG!!!
How scary!
I'm so glad you were not seriously hurt.
And yes, I LOVE my Pilot!!!

lovinwaves

OH MY GOSH!!! I am soooooo glad you and your fam are ok!!!

Thanks for letting us know, we will be thinking of you!!

(((hugs))) from me too!! :)

ccjones

Thanks everyone! DH took me down to the beach (Ocean City, MD) for a getaway for my birthday this weekend. My ILs are watching the baby. So, we had just checked out of the hotel and had gone no more than 5 blocks when this happened. My poor dad had to drive all the down the ocean and pick us up and take us home, he was probably in the car close to 6 hours in all.

Here are two pics of the MA. The first is a pic of it while the Xterra is still upside-down. The 2nd pic is through the broken window once the Xterra was turned back into the upright position. And I might get another Xterra if I can find another one just like what I had (4WD, manual, Off-Road trim). The side curtain airbags inflated on impact and I was amazed that the roof didn't cave in more. I was pretty impressed with how well the Xterra protected us!

Colleen

truck8.jpg

coll7.jpg

lovinwaves

Are you going to have your Insurance company, or I mean "The A**holes" insurance company replace your Marathon?

Again, I am so glad you are ok..... :)

ccjones

Are you going to have your Insurance company, or I mean "The A**holes" insurance company replace your Marathon?

Again, I am so glad you are ok..... :)

Of course! The a**hole was driving a US Government vehicle, and of course didn't have any insurance information in the vehicle! :rolleyes: So, I'm sure it's going to be a nightmare dealing with this claim.

Colleen

beeman

You're so lucky to make it out of that one. Make sure you get to physiotherapy right away. My mom got rear ended about 15 years ago and the doctor held off physiotherapy for a couple of weeks. The physiotherapist said it's most likely to correct dammages right after the crash. My mom still gets migranes from it. Make sure you get in right away!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
OMG, Colleen, I'm so sorry, but so glad you all walked away from that, big hugs. Man, what a day I missed here on the board while away visiting the in-laws, phonebooks and rollovers, oh my :eek:. Take care and hope any soreness is minimal, and good luck dealing with the insurance, etc.

hsjwmom

I'm really glad you both are ok...it's good to know that those safety features work when they are put to the test in real life!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
What street were you on? I live on the shore---used to live down in Salisbury.

Glad you guys are ok. The car seemed like it did it's job!

Susan

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow! I'm so glad you guys are ok. That looks so scary from here.

You're a lady after my own heart. I couldn't find a 4WD manual, so I just got the manual Xterra. People are shocked to see a stick shift in there. They're hard to find!

Time to shop for a new carseat! Glad you guys are all right.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC