Carseat with base and stroller - I want it all ;-)

• Thread starter robsherwoodemailuophxedu
  • Start date
R

robsherwoodemailuophxedu

Carseat with base and stroller - I want it all ;-)

My question is this.

I'm looking for a car seat with a handle so it can be used to carry the child and has a base left in the vehicle for ease of insertion. I'd like one that works with a stroller also. If possible one that later can be used as a front facing too would be nice although probably non-existent.

Feel free to e-mail me at robsherwood@email.uophx.edu if you have any suggestions!

Thanks

ADS
M

murphydog77

Re: Carseat with base and stroller - I want it all ;-)

Hi. You may not be able to find everything you want/need within one box. Many people, myself included, are sorry they purchased a car seat/stroller combo. The car seat is usually good, but the stroller sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.

I would start by looking for a good infant seat first. Find one with the features you like that will fit well in your vehicle (moves less than 1" when you tug on it at the belt path). Then look for a stroller. If the seat comes with a stroller, then be sure to try out the stroller well in the store. Put some weight in the stroller since they drive differently with weight in them. Take it through narrow aisles; you won't be able to tell how the stroller maneuvers in a wide-open aisle.

By the time my son was about 4-5 months old, I was ready to ditch the stroller that came with my car seat. It was bulky and didn't work well in tight spots. I wanted something lightweight that folded small and ended up getting an umbrella stroller that reclined. I love the stroller and it has performed quite well over the last 2 1/2 years.

Many strollers now come with universal car seat adapter bars as accessories, so it shouldn't be a problem finding a stroller to fit with an infant seat.

Car seats that rear-face for infants, then forward-face for toddlers over age 1 AND 20 lbs. are called convertibles. A convertible is "permanently" installed in the vehicle and you definitely won't want to be taking it in and out of the car frequently.

Check out the "Carseat Basics" link at the top of the page and also this link:

www.carseatsite.com/recom..._seats.htm

Heather

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC