getting the stickers off of car seats and strollers

U

Unregistered

We just got a Graco car seat and stroller. Both are covered in stickers in various languages, warning us about the obvious. I tried to peel them off, but evidentally they use super glue to put them on. Doe anyone know a good way to get these stickers off?

ADS

bbartlettnfld

They are not suposed to come off...ever!

You will VOID your warranty if you remove the lables. You basically have to just suck it up and deal with the lables they are there to help you, no matter how stupid they seem.
BethAnn
CPST

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I wouldn't try to remove labels because they're extremely useful to have for future reference and can even be regarded as vital safety equipment, I kid you not. :) Granted the labels may make the seat or stroller look visually cluttered or unappealing, but they likely have info. regarding the weight limits of the seat/stroller, their model numbers and dates of manufacture, as well as installation information, warnings, and pertinent instructions.

Any and all of this information is extremely important to follow and keep handy as a reference. In the event of a product recall, for example, you would need the serial number, model number and date of manufacture to determine if your seat or stroller are affected by the recall. You would also potentially need this info. if you ever need to order replacement parts, or need to exchange/return the items or lodge a formal complaint because of any problems. You'll also want the date of manufacture information to know when the carseat expires. Graco seats usually expire 6 years from their date of manufacture after which the seat should no longer be used because it could be unsafe. If you were to remove all of the labels and then want to sell or reuse the seat/stroller for another child, you'll need the info. to refresh your memory or help a new owner to use them properly. Some Child Passenger Safety Technicians may even go so far as to tell you your seat is unsafe without all of the proper labeling because they cannot verify the age or model of the seat to check for expiration or recalls if you have your seat inspected and it doesn't have labels on it.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I agree. LEAVE THEM ON. During checks if we see a seat with no labels and it doesn't look OBVIOUSLY brand new then we will tell you it's not safe to use and you need to buy a whole new seat. But even if it's obviously brand new we'd tell you to go out and get a new seat fairly soon. Leave them be! I agree, nowadays there are a ton of stickers, Spanish and English for all of them, installation instructions, warnings, model names and dates and phone numbers. There's hardly room for a seat under all of that. But they're all necessary and should never be removed.

Wendy

tjham

Hmmm, why couldn't she take off the ones that are not in her language? (with Desolvit, GooGone, etc. and an old credit card) I haven't noticed this to be a problem with my seats, but I can see that it would be annoying.
I agree the main stickers should stay but why not the ones she can't even read?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
If she came to a check, I would have no idea what stickers she took off so I would say labels are missing, you need a new seat. Is she in another country or have I just not noticed a lot of stickers on my seats in other languages? Honestly, no one even realizes those stickers are there when looking at your baby.

U

Unregistered

I have to agree with the original post. I just got a car seat/travel system and it's covered with stickers. The cup holders in the stroller even have two stickers! The stroller base has about ten more. It would be nice to at least take off the ones in Spanish/German/etc. and reduce the number. Maybe just leave valuable safety and model information on like others have said, but take off the ones about hot beverages and beverage weight limits?

tjham

I have 3 carseats in the house (and 2 in the car!). I just checked the 2 inside and they only have English stickers!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Unregistered said:
I have to agree with the original post. I just got a car seat/travel system and it's covered with stickers. The cup holders in the stroller even have two stickers! The stroller base has about ten more. It would be nice to at least take off the ones in Spanish/German/etc. and reduce the number. Maybe just leave valuable safety and model information on like others have said, but take off the ones about hot beverages and beverage weight limits?

Does as you want with the stickers on the stroller but DO NOT remove any of the stickers on any of the car seat related items (base or car seat). These will void your warrenty by the manufacture. Plus like others have said if you came into my fitting station with a car seat with no stickers (doesn't matter which stickers where removed) I would replace it period no matter if it was brand new.

Most infant carriers do have spanish labels on there but still it will avoid the warrenty on your seat.

Trust me if you are in a crash and your seat fails and your child is injuried you don't want the car seat manufacture coming back saying sorry your warrenty is void for something like removing the stickers.

U

Unregistered

But what about if the stickers fall off themselves? I have an AO that the outer stickers ahve all come off of and it's still perfectly fine to use.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If you came through a check and you were missing stickers (not just corners, but full stickers), then I would tell you to get a new seat. Period. In fact we removed several that probably had a couple of years of life left, but they were lacking stickers so there was no way to confirm or deny that. So on the better safe than sorry motto we destroyed the seats (we had seats to buy that day at donation price, so free boosters or $10-$15 convertibles/combos).

Wendy

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Unregistered said:
But what about if the stickers fall off themselves? I have an AO that the outer stickers ahve all come off of and it's still perfectly fine to use.

This is the only seat that this happened w/ in the ones I own. Just another reason to hate this seat. It's not that it's unsafe to use b/c I know my seat is just fine even if the stickers fell off, but like others mentioned about possible problems w/ the company and outside of yourself no one else knows why the stickers aren't there etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC