Cutest carseat for boys?

annb

(Fluff post, lol) There are several really cute girl carseats.
But which do you think is the cutest one for boys? :love:

ADS

Melizerd

Well my favorite cover is discontinued. The Faux Paws, or Blues Clues one on the Britax Marathon is my FAVORITE boy cover.

Of current seats it's Marathon's Cowmooflage. (Which I sadly don't own, I have denim)

NVMBR02

I like the Britax Faux Paws and the Britax All Star Tan.

I wish there were better/more options for boys.

Wineaux

The vast majority of the "boy" covers listed above would not be considered a "boy" cover by a guy. The selection just plain sucks arse. For the most part, they are either bland, blah, or both. I don't know who is in charge of designing the covers for Britax, et al, but they are NOT guys. Well, unless they are accountants by day and cover designers by night...

TXAggieTech

Boy covers that I have and like are Cowmoo, Allstar and Handsful. Cowmoo could go either way though. I *need* a faux paws and just about anything else I can find!

Last edited:

skaterbabs

Cowmoo is that rare gender neutral that looks boyish when a boy is in it, and girly when a girl is. :twocents:

I miss mine. lol

ThreeBeans

The vast majority of the "boy" covers listed above would not be considered a "boy" cover by a guy. The selection just plain sucks arse. For the most part, they are either bland, blah, or both. I don't know who is in charge of designing the covers for Britax, et al, but they are NOT guys. Well, unless they are accountants by day and cover designers by night...

What do you think is not 'boy' about them :confused:

I'm really hoping something cute and 'boy' comes out for the BOULEVARD in the next year, so I can put Bean the Third in something more interesting than blahhuntingtonblah :thumbsdown: when he outgrows the SS1. I love the All Stars, Fido seats, etc. Same for the Regent when it's time for Bean the First to upgrade to a Regent.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
What do you think is not 'boy' about them :confused:

I'm really hoping something cute and 'boy' comes out for the BOULEVARD in the next year, so I can put Bean the Third in something more interesting than blahhuntingtonblah :thumbsdown: when he outgrows the SS1. I love the All Stars, Fido seats, etc. Same for the Regent when it's time for Bean the First to upgrade to a Regent.

I think that's what he meant right there - that the "boy covers" are all "defaults." As in "That's not girly, so it must be a boy cover." When in reality most of them are designed to match the parents' car interiors!

I know my boys wouldn't choose a cover just because it was "blue" when they were of carseat age. They'd want something bright and colorful, with bugs or lizards or cars or dinosaurs (or Transformers or Pokemon...)

ThreeBeans

I would lurve a Regent with lizards. Bean the First's backpack is a camo green covered with bright geckos (LL Bean junior bookbag, he picked it out himself). He would go head over heels for a lizard carseat :D

Wineaux

I love the all-star blue!!!:love:

OK, here is a good example of a "boy" cover designed by either a woman or an accountant.
  1. Just because it is blue doesn't make it a boy cover.
  2. OK, it has something of a sports theme, but it's muted and dull, and designed to match a car interior. It is NOT appealing to most guys, and it would make most young boys gag and feel like a baby riding in it. We could live with this cover on an infant seat, but not for any self respecting boy over the age of two.
  3. It's rather "nancy", so to speak. I guess you could call it a wussy cover.

What would make a good "boy" cover?
  1. Bright and vibrant colors.
  2. Cool stuff like frogs, lizards, snakes, spiders, dinosaurs, race cars, robots, and of course licensed characters such as; sports stars/teams, super hero's, Transformers, Star Wars, Star Trek, and various Saturday morning cartoons.
  3. If it scares your little sister or makes Mommy cringe, then it might be a BOY COVER!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC