Seat covers & side airbags

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
My mom put seat covers on her new 2005 Prius ... it has side airbags coming from the seats & overhead -- are the seat covers OK :confused:

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Definitely consult the dealer or manufacturer. If the torso side airbags are seat mounted and are blocked by the seat covers, there could be an issue.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The owner's manual for my new Sienna with seat mounted side air bags says no seat covers. She could probably cut along the side of the seat cover to match the seam on the vehicle seat, but it wouldn't look very nice.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Good to know -- thanks!

I haven't had a chance to read my mom's manual, but I know she sits down & reads through it with a magnifying glass when she first gets a vehicle, LOL. If it does say something like that she must have missed it ... but I gave her the info listed here & she said she'll just put the seat covers in the Tracker & she bought matching beach towells to cover the portion of the seats where they sit {bottom & back} in the Prius. She also got some plastic protectors to attach with velcro behind the seats to keep them clean fom my daughter's shoes -- there's no major harm in them, right? They don't have any hard pieces or sharp points *SHRUG*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC