Britax Pioneer 70 Sliding on Leather Seat

redhand11

My 2 5.5 year olds recently moved to Britax Pioneer 70 Harness to Booster Seats when I got a new-to-me car. These seats were installed by a police car seat tech and he got them in very tightly with the seatbelts, no movement at all.

But now, one month later, the seats have begun to move and slide on the leather, definitely more than 1 inch, so I am headed back to the tech to have him review the installation and hopefully re-install them tightly again. I am concerned, however, that this will keep happening since they were so tightly installed before and I think are becoming loose over time. I am wondering if you experts feel that using the rubber Britax Car Seat Protector, which goes under the seat, which stop the slipping on the leather, and give me a permanently tight install?

Thanks for any input!

ADS

Dorothy

Hi. :) I find that leather/firm seats tend to relax a bit over time, which causes installs to loosen. So, that might be it. However, I would really encourage you to learn to install your seats yourself. (A tech should be teaching you, not installing them for you.) Here is a list of techs:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59135

Posted using the app. :)

redhand11

Hi Dorothy,
sorry, I should have clarified that I have a shoulder issue which prevents me from being able to get them in tightly, so I always have a certified technician check my work or install them. Thank you!

jgomez411

Hi. :) I find that leather/firm seats tend to relax a bit over time, which causes installs to loosen. So, that might be it. However, I would really encourage you to learn to install your seats yourself. (A tech should be teaching you, not installing them for you.) Here is a list of techs: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59135 Posted using the app. :)

Yeah what she said. I have had a Pioneer on my leather captain's chair in my Expedition and if I start noticing that it's looser, I just tighten it up and move on.
I don't think it's recommended to use anything between the car seat and the seat it's being installed on as that can make the install seem tighter than it actually is (if you removed the seat protector then the install would be loose).

Dorothy

Hi Dorothy,
sorry, I should have clarified that I have a shoulder issue which prevents me from being able to get them in tightly, so I always have a certified technician check my work or install them. Thank you!

Ahhh... Yes, that is an important piece of the puzzle! ;)

Posted using the app. :)

redhand11

Kegracin, it is an 07 GMC Yukon XL and they are installed on the 2nd row bench seat (one behind driver and one behind passenger).

Previously I had convertible seats in a different car with leather and those seats never moved a bit, so I am just surprised with the slipping here.

Kegracin

Kegracin, it is an 07 GMC Yukon XL and they are installed on the 2nd row bench seat (one behind driver and one behind passenger). Previously I had convertible seats in a different car with leather and those seats never moved a bit, so I am just surprised with the slipping here.

Ah there goes my thought...was wondering if maybe the latch plate was not holding but those lock at the retractor.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC