Differences among Britax Seats?

M

marim123

Differences among Britax Seats?

HI,

Can you explain the differences between the different Britax Convertible seats? I was looking through the Britax website, and it appears that the Roundabout and Advantage are identical with the one exception that the Advantage has infinite harness adjustment.

So how are the Roundabout/Advantage different from the Marathon and Galaxy? Marathon appears to be suited for slightly older children as well, since it's weight limit seems higher. I've heard so many good things about the Roundabout/Advantage, now I'm curious to know about the Marathon and Galaxy?

Thanks in advance.

Marim

ADS
C

Caviller

Re: Differences among Britax Seats?

You are correct about the Advantage. It is essentially a Roundabout with an easier harness height adjustment using a knob rather than rethreading slots.

The new Wizard is essentially the same as a Marathon. Like the Advantage, the Wizard has the easy harness height adjustment. The Marathon has slots, like the Roundabout. The Marathon and Wizard are larger than the Roundabout/Advantage. They are likely to be certified to 65 pounds front facing. As such, they are a bit taller than Roundabout/Advantage and have a higher top harness adjustment setting. They also have a different base and a new harness tightness adjustment that isn't quite as nice as the button on the Roundabout/Advantage. Both will have LATCH compatibility.

The Galaxy is a new model with similar weight limits as the Roudnabout and Advantage. It has some new features, like a new base and recline system, an anti-rebound bar and a "6-point" harness which splits the crotch strap. It also has LATCH.

I suspect all the new Britax models will be well received. I cannot recommend them, however, until I have some experience with a production model. Britax has been pretty tight-lipped in response to my recent inquiries, so we will have to wait and see how the new models compare once they are shipping. In the mean time, I do think there are many other fine alternatives on the market. The Evenflo Triumph is one that shares some of the high end features found on Britax models, and is already shipping with LATCH compatibility.

Good luck!

Darren

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC