3-Across Pictures and Question

UHMama

I just installed carseats for my girls in my sister's car. She frequently has my girls in her car. With the turbobooster and 2 infant seats, I could get them to overlap one another and fit very well 3-across. But now that they are no longer in their infant seats, it was a little tricky getting the sceneras and the turbobooster in there. The carseats are rock solid! I installed the driver's side carseat first, then removed it and installed the center carseat, then put the driver's side carseat back in. Then I put the turbobooster in. I'm confident the install on the carseats is fine, I'm just not sure if it is okay having the turbobooster so close to the edge of the seat. Despite the way it looks in the pictures, it, nor the driver's side carseat, do NOT touch the door. There's about an inch between the seats and the doors. How does it look? The seatbelt fits my DD perfectly, so being near the edge did not alter that.

Also, do you think if I got a radian 80 that I could fit it in place of the turbobooster? I really do not feel comfortable having DD in a booster seat, but her marathon won't fit along with the sceneras. How wide is the radian 80 compared to the turbobooster?

Oh, and I know about the sunshades. I bought those ones you cut and stick to the window to replace them.

142.jpg

143.jpg

152.jpg

Ignore the towel under the carseat. I removed it after taking these pictures and re-installed it without it. I realized that I didn't need it to get the correct angle.
153.jpg

Driver's side
049.jpg

Passenger side
158.jpg

The carseat is about 1 1/2 inches from the edge of the seat
156.jpg

ADS

Loves2sing

Well they look good to me. As far as the Radian, it should fit along side the Scenaras. I have been able to fit 2 RF Mas and a FF Radian in the back of my focus, so I think you would be able to fit them as well. The only thing I would recommend it you tried that, would be to put the RF seats outboard and the Radian in the center. The seats puzzle together really well this way. HTH!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The Radian is 14" wide across the bum/hip area (outside measurement) and 17" wide across the shoulder area (widest outside measurement).

If you can get a good seatbelt install, it should fit well where the TB currently is.

abckidsmom

Looks good, and I love the painting on the baby's 'helmet'. If I had known back when oldest dd was a baby, we would've been doing that too. Now she just has a funny-looking head. :(

doriansmummy

What cute lil babies!!
What is the helmet for? :confused:
I think the Radian would fit fine in place of the booster, prob right around the same size.

UHMama

Thanks ladies!!!

I think I will be getting the Radian then! Once I check that thread to see if it fits in my sister's car of-course...

I will be putting the radian in the middle if I can. I know it would be easier that way, I just couldn't do it with the TB because the middle seatbelt is a lap only belt.

Sydney's helmet is to shape her head. It was horribly mis-shaped when she was born because Riley was "squishing" her in my womb. Her head was pretty much all to one side. She's had the helmet on for 3 months, and actually just got it off yesterday :) They said it can't do any more correction so she doesn't need it. Her head isn't perfect, but it's SOOO much better than it was!

doriansmummy

Thanks ladies!!!

I think I will be getting the Radian then! Once I check that thread to see if it fits in my sister's car of-course...

I will be putting the radian in the middle if I can. I know it would be easier that way, I just couldn't do it with the TB because the middle seatbelt is a lap only belt.

Sydney's helmet is to shape her head. It was horribly mis-shaped when she was born because Riley was "squishing" her in my womb. Her head was pretty much all to one side. She's had the helmet on for 3 months, and actually just got it off yesterday :) They said it can't do any more correction so she doesn't need it. Her head isn't perfect, but it's SOOO much better than it was!

Oh wow, I had no idea that could happen. I am so glad she is all done with the helmet I am sure that makes you happy.:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC