3 across in a 2007 Santa Fe

KatyLinda

Hi! I currently have my 6.5 (42lbs) yr old harnessed in a Nautilus, my 2.5 (24lbs) yr old is FFing in a True Fit, and we are expecting a new one in a few months. The girls will be 3 & 7 when the new one arrives.

I'm guessing we're going to need either a new car or 3 new seats. Any ideas for me?

ADS

Irishmama

Hello and welcome to car-seat.org! :happy-wavehello:

The Nautilus and True Fit may be too wide to fit in a three across, but there is usually a combo of seats that will puzzle together nicely. I'm not familair with your car, so I'm not sure what seats would work best for you though.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I agree, with that combo it's really unlikely they will fit :(

It's definitely do-able with the right seats, however. My inlaws had a Santa Fe and I put kids' high back Graco Turbo booster, forward-facing Radian, and RF Combi Coccoro in it.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I have a '05 Santa Fe and did a 3 across w/ FFing Scenera (driver's side), Keyfit w/ base (center) and RFing MyRide (passenger side). All installed w/ seat belt. That may give an idea of what width seats you'll need. Good luck!

KatyLinda

Thank you! I totally forgot I had been here, and just realized it tonight. Sorry!

Thanks for some ideas. It will give me a place to start. :thumbsup:

Putting the 7 yr old in a high back booster (and not harnessed) is fine, right?

Irishmama

As long as she can stay in position, 7 years is fine for a booster. Most 7 year olds have enough impulse control to stay in position and not put the shoulder belt behind their back, or lean out of the seatbelt, etc.

Just a heads up though, sometimes boosters can be a bear to buckle in a three across. Just depends on the other seats in the mix. Some boosters play better with other seats. Good luck, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC