Should I keep my old Century Smartmove?

N

nan

Should I keep my old Century Smartmove?

Hi,
My baby is ready for a convertible, and I'm wondering if I should use our Smartmove (3yrs old) or buy a new one. Is the Smartmove still considered one of the safer carseats?
Any feedback much appreciated.
Thanks,
Nan

ADS
C

Caviller

The Smartmove should be fine-

As long as it fits well with your child and vehicle, the Smartmove is a safe choice. It does tend to be one of the more difficult carseats to fit into vehicles rear-facing. Since you mentioned safety, rear-facing is the safest option you have for some time. As long as the Smartmove fits rear-facing, there should be no need to replace it with a new one.

I hope that helps, unless you were looking forward to shopping for a new one of course!

Darren

M

murphydog77

Re: Should I keep my old Century Smartmove?

Remember that the SmartMove cannot touch the vehicle seat in front of it when it's rear-facing. Sometimes parents don't realize that about this seat and if you have a smaller vehicle, it can be a problem.

Heather

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC